Saturday 3 March 2012

Pendant Experiment... continued




These are three of the pendant type beads I made from air dry clay on Thursday, I've painted this distressed finish using acrylics and once the others are painted in a similar fashion (though some will be painted in a different style and there will definitely be colour variation) I'll add some coats of varnish.

Because they're made of air dry clay they're not strong enough to be worn as jewellery ( if I wasn't sure of that before I am now) but I plan to put them to less strenuous use - incorporated into wallhangings or some crafty style creation, dangling harmlessly on a wall they should be pretty safe (especially after varnishing) ; plus pretty effective in appearance if any of the ideas floating through my head pan out - I'm feeling a textile collage moment approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing interest :)