Friday 2 November 2012

First drawing of the month...

The first drawing of November, another to go with the bunch I posted here.

These drawings I've been producing recently have all been inspired in one way or another by an old photocopied page motifs I found stashed away from years ago. It serves as a nice starting point for the designs though frequently my finished drawing has little in common with the motifs (all of which are no more than an inch wide and poorly photocopied) partly due to drawing style but also because of all the extra pieces I keep putting in.

These two are a good example of the "added extras", as you can see, the bottom one is an expanded version of the top one - complete with cross-hatching (I think I'm having a bit of a cross-hatching phase)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing interest :)