Tuesday 28 February 2012

'Produce Patterns' or maybe I should actually finish that...

Consider this the before photo, evidence for use in the future - to prove how much work is needed on this painting. Its been a few years since I last touched it (literally) and during its exile the canvas got fairly abused, left dusty and dented in my back-room.  A combination of making the canvas bag and a conversation with a student at my work placement has re-kindled my desire to see the painting reach completion; in  many ways the hiatus in painting is beneficial since I can now cast a critical eye upon it and make some improvements, such as making the background not black ( I now wonder why it even started out as black, I must have been having a little moment - to borrow a friend's phrase).


So now I've re-stretched the canvas and removed the pesky dents, I can crack on with painting and with a little luck you won't have to wait long to see the after picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing interest :)