Friday 22 February 2013

Rag Rug Basket

I decided to explore some more rag rug/ half-hitch knot applications, so now I'm working on an enormous basket (measures approx. 85cm across) which when completed will be used for storage in my studio.


It began with a hoop (hula hoop to be precise) which forms the base of the basket, I'm now knotting my way around and up to form the tube (what would be the sides if this was a square basket) and then later I'll make a round rug for the base of the basket. At some point I will probably have to add vertical supports (doweling or similar) to the main body of the basket to maintain its shape, especially considering the extreme size will result in more weight.


As with many of my long process projects I will post some progress photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing interest :)